The Ohio Department of Transportation reports the following construction activities on I-75 thru January 3, 2016:
– I-75 north and south between CR 25A (Tipp City) and Northwoods Boulevard, Daily lane closures December 29th – 31st between the hours of 8:30 am and 3 pm. Two lanes will remain open in each direction at all times.
– I-75 north between Wagner Ford Road and Needmore Road, Lane closure December 30th between 9 am and 3 pm. Two northbound lanes will remain open.
– The ramp from US 35 eastbound to I-75 northbound, 24 HOUR RAMP CLOSURE through September 2017. During this time, motorists will be able to utilize the specially designed U-turn lane located at the Edwin C. Moses Boulevard exit.
– The First Street, Second Street and Third Street ramps along I-75 northbound and southbound, PERMANENTLY CLOSED. A newly constructed ramp is scheduled to open to motorists in the downtown area in December of 2016. The official detour during these ramp closures is: I-75 North to US 35 East to Jefferson St to First and Third Streets. (motorists can also use Main Street or Edwin C. Moses Boulevard)
– Full closures of northbound Interstate 75 at Mitchell Avenue (Exit 6) are scheduled during the weeks of Jan. 5 and Jan. 12 to accommodate bridge work.
– The full closures will be in place beginning at 11 p.m. each night Tuesday, Jan. 5, Wednesday, Jan. 6, Thursday, Jan. 7 and Friday, Jan. 8, reopening by 5 a.m. the following day.
– The full closures will also be in place beginning at 11 p.m. each night Tuesday, Jan. 12, Wednesday, Jan. 13, Thursday, Jan. 14 and Friday, Jan. 15, reopening by 5 a.m. the following day.
– Traffic will be detoured to westbound I-74 to eastbound I-275 to I-75. All work is weather dependent.
– Arrow boards and/or signs will be in place to alert motorists of the upcoming full closures.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.
On the road for the holidays? Why not take us with you. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!