Weather permitting; Georgia DOT contractors will begin resurfacing approximately 6 miles on I-75/I-85 (Downtown Connector) from University Avenue to the Brookwood Interchange. The Downtown Connector was resurfaced in 2008. The resurfacing project is a part of Georgia DOT’s efforts to maintain its infrastructure.
The work will take place nightly (Monday, August 8 – Sunday, August 14) from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. except on the weekends when work will continue until 8 a.m. During resurfacing, the entire ramp may close nightly from midnight until 5 a.m. However, Brookwood and I-20 interchanges will not have complete ramp closures Emergency vehicles will be allowed access to the ramps. Exact dates may change due to weather or other factors.
The tentative schedule for ramp closures is as follows:
- Monday, August 8 at 9 p.m., – Tuesday, August 9 at 5 a.m.: northbound entrance ramp from Freedom Parkway\Irwin Street underpass
- Tuesday, August 9 at 9 p.m. – Wednesday, August 10 at 5 a.m.: I-75/I-85 northbound exit ramp 249B to Pine Street, Peachtree Street, Civic Center (Exit # 249B)
- Wednesday, August 10 at 9 p.m. – Thursday, August 11 at 5 a.m.: I-75/I-85 northbound exit ramp to Spring Street, West Peachtree Street (Exit # 249D)
- Thursday, August 11 at 9 p.m. – Friday, August 12 at 5 a.m.: I-75/I-85 northbound exit ramp to Spring Street, West Peachtree Street (Exit # 249D)
- Friday, August 12 at 9 p.m. – Saturday, August 13 at 8 a.m.: I-75/I-85 northbound entrance ramp from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
- Saturday, August 13 at 9 p.m. – Sunday August 14 at 9 a.m.: NO WORK ON DOWNTOWN CONNECTOR PROJECT
- Sunday, August 14 at 9 p.m. – Monday, August 15 at 5 a.m.: I-75/I-85 northbound entrance ramp from Spring Street NW, Williams Street
Motorists are cautioned to reduce their speed while traveling through work zones, pay attention and watch for workers.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our Websites are Mobile-Friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!