The Florida Department of Transportation reports the following traffic impacts associated with I-75 construction and maintenance in Pasco, Hernando and Sumter counties next week.
- Wesley Chapel/San Antonio: One lane may be closed in each direction of I-75 anywhere from north of County Road 54 (Exit 279) to north of SR 52 (Exit 285) between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Wednesday through Friday (July 5 – 7) nights.
- San Antonio: There may be lane closures on State Road 52 between Old Pasco Road and McKendree Road between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Wednesday through Friday (July 5 – 7) nights. Watch for flaggers directing traffic.
- Brooksville: One lane may be closed in each direction of I-75 from south of SR 50 (Exit 301) to the Hernando/Sumter counties line between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday (July 5 and 6) nights.
- Brooksville: One lane of SR 50 (Cortez Boulevard) may be closed from I-75 up to a half mile in each direction from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday through Friday (July 5 – 7) and between 6:30 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday (July 5 and 6) nights.
During some of the night closures, drivers can expect traffic shifts and delays between 7:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. on SR 50 in the I-75 interchange area as traffic may be reduced to one lane in each direction and both directions of traffic placed on the westbound lanes. This will result in two-way traffic on what normally is a two-lane westbound section of roadway.
In addition, all traffic entering and exiting I-75 may be limited to right turns only. This will mean drivers who normally would be making a left turn movement onto or off the ramps may have to go the opposite direction and make a U-Turn on SR 50 to go in their desired direction. Traffic congestion and delays are expected during the traffic shifts on SR 50 and on the I-75 exit ramps whenever traffic is in this temporary overnight alignment.
- Brooksville: One lane may be closed with flaggers directing traffic on Croom Rital Road under I-75 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday through Friday (July 5 – 7).
For more I-75 construction info, visit www.i75exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-75, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Michigan to Florida! Plus I-75 construction, real-time traffic and road news.