The Florida Department of Transportation reports the following short term traffic impacts as a result of I-75 construction in the Tampa Bay area:
- Brandon, FL – Two lanes will be closed on northbound I-75 over US 301 (Exit 254) between 9:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. Sunday through Tuesday (December 11 – 13) nights.
- Brandon, FL – The northbound I-75 Exit 254 ramp to northbound US 301 will be closed between 9:00 p.m. Monday, December 12 and 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 13. DETOUR: Motorists will be detoured south on US 301 where they can U-Turn at Duncan Road to go northbound on US 301.
- Tampa, FL – One to three lanes will be closed on northbound I-75 at Fletcher Avenue (Exit 266) between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. Monday and Tuesday (December 12 and 13) nights.
- Tampa, FL – The right lane will be closed on southbound I-75 over the Hillsborough River (between Bruce B. Downs Blvd./Exit 270 and Fletcher Avenue/Exit 266) between 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 14 and 5:00 a.m. Thursday, December 15.
- Tampa, FL – Two lanes will be closed on southbound I-75 over the Tampa Bypass Canal (between Fowler Avenue/Exit 265 and I-4/Exit 261) between 9:00 p.m. Thursday, December 15 and 5:00 a.m. Friday, December 16.
- Tampa, FL – There may be intermittent single-lane closures on cross streets approaching I-75 interchange ramps Sunday through Thursday (December 11 – 15) nights. Not every interchange will be impacted each night. The closures will be at the following interchange areas and roads (closure hours in parentheses):
- Exit 240 – SR 674 Road (7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.);
- Exit 246 – Big Bend Road (7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.); (Exit 250 – Gibsonton Drive (7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.);
- Exit 257 – SR 60 (9:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.);
- Exit 260A/B – SR 574/Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. (9:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.);
- Exit 265 – Fowler Ave. (7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.);
- Exit 266 – Fletcher Ave. (7:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.); and
- Exit 270 – Bruce B. Downs Blvd. (8:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.).
For more I-75 construction information, visit www.i75exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.