The Michigan Department of Transportation is investing $3.6 million to make the following improvements at the I-75/M-10 interchange in Detroit. I-75 construction will require the following traffic impacts:
- The northbound I-75 ramp to northbound M-10 will be closed starting this weekend to allow for reconstruction work. It is expected to reopen by fall.
- The southbound I-75 ramp to southbound M-10 will be closed for repairs starting this weekend. It is expected to reopen in late May.
- The northbound M-10 ramp to southbound I-75 will be closed this weekend only and then closed for repairs during the month of June.
- M-85 (Fort Street) will have one lane open at a time over M-10 for repairs on other lanes. The size of this bridge will provide enough room for equipment while maintaining the open lane
- The pedestrian bridge over M-10 near M-85 will be removed during the summer.
In addition to the I-75 construction closures listed above, M-10 will be closed this weekend between Jefferson Avenue and I-75, and reopened on at 5 a.m. on Monday, May 8.
M-10 between I-75 and Jefferson Avenue
- Northbound M-10 traffic will be detoured via Jefferson Avenue, northbound Rosa Parks Boulevard, northbound I-75, and westbound M-8 to northbound M-10.
- Southbound M-10 traffic will be detoured to northbound I-75, then southbound I-375 to Jefferson Avenue.
- Northbound I-75 traffic heading for northbound M-10 will be detoured to westbound M-8 to northbound M-10.
- Southbound I-75 traffic heading for southbound M-10 will be detoured to southbound I-375 to Jefferson Avenue.
Closing these lanes and ramps for I-75 construction will provide workers with safe, protected work zones and provide motorists with the safest route possible through the area.
For more I-75 construction info, visit www.i75exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-75, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Michigan to Florida! Plus I-75 construction, real-time traffic and road news.