The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet reports the following I-75 traffic advisory.
Rehabilitation operations begin for Interstate 75 in Rockcastle County. This is part of the rehabilitation project that includes milling and resurfacing for the interstate. Pavement conditions will be addressed in both north and south directions. In addition, guardrail will be repaired for specific sections as necessary.
Monday, July 8 – currently and until approximately 5:00 p.m. today
- an asphalt crew paved over the rumble strips
- motorists are being diverted onto the shoulder at milepoint 72.8 for northbound I-75
- two lanes of traffic remain open
- this activity is necessary for upcoming slide repair operations
Tuesday, July 9 through Sunday, July 21 – 7:00 a.m. Tuesday until 5:00 a.m. Sunday (times are approximate)
- a barrier wall will be set in place and slide repair operations will begin at milepoint 72.8 for northbound I-75
Sunday, July 21 – exact hours of work to be announced
- milling will begin during night time hours for southbound I-75
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!