The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet reports the following traffic impacts associated with I-75 construction and maintenance projects this week and beyond.
I-75 Southbound (mile marker 154 – 144.5)
- Double Lane closure is needed between Williamstown (Exit 154) to Corinth (Exit 144) on Monday, November 28 on I-75 southbound. During the closure, crews will continue repairs to joints and highway lanes, prior to the upcoming snow and ice season. The double lane closure will be in place from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
I-75/I-71 Texas Turnaround Project
- The new travel pattern will help traffic move more efficiently from 4th St. in Covington to I-71/75 northbound. Once construction is completed, the existing entrance ramp from 4th St. in downtown Covington to I-71/75 northbound will be permanently closed. Following clearly-marked signage, drivers will access Pike St. by using the existing ramp that carries traffic to I-71/75 southbound, then turn left onto a new ramp, then left again onto I-71/75 northbound. There will be no traffic signals throughout this movement.
- The right lane of the ramp from I-71/75 southbound to Pike St. IS CLOSED. One lane of travel will remain open on the ramp at all times. This travel pattern is expected to remain in place for approximately three months through mid-June.
- The entrance ramp to I-71/75 northbound from Pike St. IS CLOSED for 180 days. A detour route will be put into place and marked with signage. Traffic will be directed to follow Bullock St. to I-71/75 southbound to Kyles Ln., and then re-enter I-71/75 northbound.
- The exit ramp from I-71/75 northbound to 5th St. will IS CLOSED for 180 days. A detour route will be put into place and marked with signage. Traffic will be directed to use the 12th St. exit from I-71/75 northbound to Simon Kenton Way to Pike St. to Main St. to 5th St. .
- The entrance ramp to I-71/75 northbound from 4th St. will not immediately be closed.
The I-75 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 75 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Michigan to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-75 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!