The Ohio Department of Transportation reports that a change in I-75 traffic pattern begins Sunday, December 17, Findlay exits to be closed.
Dates to Note:
- Sunday, December 17 – Traffic will be affected overnight in the southbound direction during preparations for removal of contraflow lane, all Findlay exits closed (details below).
- Tuesday, December 19 – The entrance ramp from county Road 99 to I-75 southbound will be closed overnight (details below).
- Wednesday, December 20 – Contraflow lane on I-75 southbound removed (details below).
The following impacts to traffic related to the reconstruction and widening of Interstate 75 through Findlay and Hancock County are occurring or scheduled to occur in the coming weeks:
Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound from south of the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange to county Road 313 (Lima Avenue) will be reduced to one lane in each direction during the week of December 18 for excavation work in preparation for new pavement construction.
- The restriction will be in place from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night.
- Two lanes in each direction on Interstate 75 will be maintained during daytime hours.
The Interstate 75 northbound lanes from the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange to county Road 99 have been shifted to the right onto the outside shoulder.
- Two lanes of traffic are maintained during daytime hours. Some nighttime lane closures will continue.
- The legal speed through the work zone is reduced when workers are present.
- Speed limits are displayed via electronic message boards which display the legal, posted speed through the zone.
On Sunday, December 17, the far right I-75 southbound lane from just south of the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange to county Road 99 will be closed during preparations for the removal of the contraflow lane and to place traffic into its winter pattern.
The contraflow lane is the one lane of southbound traffic currently traveling on the northbound side of the interstate separated by barrier wall.
- The lane closure will be in place from approximately midnight on Sunday, December 17 until 5 a.m. the following day during moving of barrier wall and placement of pavement markings.
- All Findlay exits from the southbound direction will not be accessible during this time. All exits will be accessible from I-75 northbound.
On Tuesday, December 19 the entrance ramp from county Road 99 to I-75 southbound will be closed for storage of equipment needed in the traffic switch.
- The ramp will close at midnight on Tuesday, December 19 and remain closed until approximately 5 a.m. the following day.
- Traffic during this time will be detoured north on I-75 to the state Route 613 interchange back to I-75 southbound.
- The I-75 southbound exit ramp to county Road 99 will remain open.
On Wednesday, December 20 the contraflow traffic pattern on I-75 southbound will be removed for the winter.
- Once the contraflow lane has been removed, all I-75 southbound traffic from U.S. 224 to county Road 99 will be traveling on the southbound side of the interstate on new pavement.
- Where possible, barrier wall will be removed for the winter or at least moved away from traffic as far as possible to accommodate snow removal.
- The contraflow traffic pattern will remain in place through the winter from the U.S. 68/state Route 15 interchange to the south end of the project, which is generally Harrison Street.
U.S. 68/State Route 15 Interchange with Interstate 75
- The exit ramp from I-75 northbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15 (exit 156) closed June 19 for approximately three years.
- Traffic is detoured north to the state Route 12 interchange to Interstate 75 southbound back to U.S. 68/state Route 15.
- The exit ramp from I-75 northbound to U.S. 68/state Route 15 remains open.
State Route 12 interchange with Interstate 75
- All ramps at the state Route 12 interchange are currently open, with the exception of overnight closure noted above.
U.S. 224 interchange with Interstate 75
- All ramps at the U.S. 224 interchange are currently open, with the exception of overnight closure noted above.
County Road 99
- All ramps at the county Road 99 interchange are currently open, with the exception of overnight closure noted above.
About the Hancock I-75 project:
Interstate 75 will be reconstructed and widened beginning just south of Harrison Street/County Road 144, which is just south of the U.S. Route 68/state Route 15 interchange, to the county Road 99 interchange, Findlay, Hancock County. The project will reconstruct approximately five miles of the existing four lanes of Interstate 75, construct an additional lane of travel in each direction, replace all mainline bridges on I-75, replace the Harrison Street overpass, redesign and reconstruct the interchange between U.S. 68/state Route 15 and Interstate 75, and redesign and reconstruct the interchange with U.S. 68/state Route 15 at Lima Avenue. The project also includes the construction of noise walls at particular locations. Expected completion is May 2020.
For more I-75 travel info, visit www.i75exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-75, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Michigan to Florida! Plus I-75 construction, real-time traffic and road news.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide , and I-95 Exit Guide.