As part of a larger project to resurface Georgia’s Interstate 75 through Peach and Houston Counties, crews will be closing exit ramps in the Perry area to mill and inlay new asphalt on them as well. The exit on-ramps and off-ramps at four interchanges will be resurfaced in weeknight shifts, with workers shutting down the same-direction on-ramp and off-ramp of one interchange at a time each night.
The ramp work will started, Thursday, August 6, and will only be done Monday nights through Friday nights until complete, with no ramps closed through weekends. The shifts will be from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., and will go in the following order:
- SR 7/Sam Nunn Boulevard – Exit 136: Northbound ramps
- US 41/SR 7/SR 127/SR 224/Larry Walker Parkway – Exit 135: Southbound ramps
- US 41/SR 7/SR127/SR 224/Larry Walker Parkway – Exit 135: Northbound ramps
- South Perry Parkway – Exit 134: Southbound ramps
- South Perry Parkway – Exit 134: Northbound ramps
- SR 26/Montezuma/Hawkinsville – Exit 127: Southbound ramps
- SR 26/Montezuma/Hawkinsville – Exit 127: Northbound ramps
In cases of inclement weather, the crews will postpone the upcoming ramp closure until the next available weeknight.
Signage will be posted in advance of each ramp closure, and drivers are urged to be alert and to adjust their routes accordingly.
Advisory: Motorists are advised to expect delays, exercise caution, and reduce their speed while traveling through work zones. Before heading out, get real-time information on work status and traffic conditions.
For more I-75 travel info, visit www.i75exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-75, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Michigan to Florida! Plus I-75 construction, real-time traffic and road news.