The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) advises motorists of a project beginning for Interstate 75 in Scott County. Pavement rehabilitation operations will begin this week. Lane closures and lane shifts will be necessary for work to progress. Closures will be in effect days, evenings and some weekends. The anticipated completion date for the entire project is October 1, 2023.
Interstate 75 – North and Southbound
Monday, May 1 through Sunday, October 1 – currently and until 7:00 a.m. Sunday, October 1
- the right/slow lane will be closed between milepoints 125.53 and 134.39
Wednesday, May 3 and Thursday, May 4 – 7:00 p.m. evenings until 6:00 a.m. mornings
- lane shifts will be in effect both north and southbound (between milepoints 125.53 and 134.39)
- the interstate will be reduced to one open lane for rumble strip application (7:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.)
- two lanes will be open at approximately 6:00 a.m. for the mornings
Sunday, May 7 through Tuesday, May 9 – 7:00 p.m. each evening until 6:00 a.m. each morning
- the interstate will be reduced to one lane (between milepoints 125.53 and 134.39)
- the lane closures are necessary for barrier wall construction
Motorists should expect delays and plan accordingly to allow additional time and/or utilize an alternate route for traveling.
All work/closures are scheduled on a tentative basis, and subject to change depending on weather, emergencies and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.
The I-75 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 75 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Michigan to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-75 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!