Contractors for the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) will continue construction activities related to the I-16/I-75 Interchange Improvement Project next week in Macon-Bibb. Weather and on-site conditions permitting, the scheduled activities beginning Friday, November 3 – Sunday, November 5, 2023, are listed below.
- Beginning 8:30 p.m. on Friday until 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, two right lanes will be closed on Coliseum Drive southbound between Main Street and the Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard entrance ramp to I-16 westbound. Crews will be restriping the roadway and relocating the barrier walls in preparation to shift traffic shift onto the newly constructed I-16 westbound entrance ramp.
- Beginning 9:00 p.m. on Saturday until 5:00 a.m. on Sunday, crews will shift traffic onto the new I-16 westbound entrance ramp from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
Ongoing, Long-term Closures:
- Webb Street will be closed to traffic while crews work on concrete pavement at Walnut Street. Traffic will be detoured to Hudson Street and Orchard Avenue during the closure. On-site signage will advise drivers of the closure and detour.
- The far right lane of I-75 northbound at the Georgia 19/Georgia Avenue exit (exit 164) is closed to traffic for several months.
- Spring Street’s far right lane at the I-16 westbound on-ramp as well as the right-hand on-ramp to I-16 westbound are both closed for several months; the Spring Street on-ramp to I-16 westbound has been relocated to the far left lane.
The I-16/I-75 Interchange Improvement Project, is a $500 million safety and mobility megaproject. With its massive scope to widen and reconstruct I-16, I-75 and their interchange in Macon-Bibb, this project is being delivered in seven design and construction phases that will continue through 2030. When complete, new CD lanes, additional interstate lanes, new interstate on-and off-ramps, upgrades to 11 bridges, new walls, upgraded drainage systems, etc. will deliver safer and improved mobility for Macon-Bibb’s local commuters and businesses, regional travelers and commercial freight from the Georgia southern coast to destinations within the state and throughout the U.S.
Advisory: Dates may change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are advised to expect delays, exercise caution, and reduce their speed while traveling through work zones.
What’s happening on Interstate 75 RIGHT NOW! I-75 Real-time traffic information for selected cities along I-75. Maps show updates on road construction, traffic accidents, travel delays and the latest traffic speeds. Traffic cameras show congestion at a glance. Visit I-75 Traffic.
The I-75 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 75 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Michigan to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-75 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!